Resolutions are something that I shied away from a loooong time ago. In fact, I think it was in 7th grade that Michael Hulsey and I made a New Year’s resolution to never make any more resolutions. To date, that is the most successful resolution I have ever made. But I think I can make an exception for this blog. Here are five things that I am resolving to do/change/improve for the coming year at the Pursuit of God.
1) I am going to (try to) be funnier – For the most part, the humor element on this blog has been limited to Thiefin’ Thursday posts where I link you to someone else’s funny. In the coming year, I’m going to make an effort to infuse PoG with more of my own funny. The reality is that my life is filled with humor, so why shouldn’t my writing?
2) I am going to refocus – The title of this blog is “The Pursuit of God.” My stated goal has been to simply write about things I am learning, experiencing, and encountering in my own personal pursuit of God. Truth be told, I haven’t kept to this scope as much as I’d like to.
3) I am going to shoot for 5 posts each week – Monday thru Friday, you can expect to see a new post go live, usually around 9AM.
4) I am going to network more – This means having other people guest post here more, as well as guest posting on other blogs more, too.
5) I am going to do something with PoG – Last January, in the wake of the devastating earthquake in Haiti, I had the opportunity to use this blog to connect a worried father with his daughter, who was in Haiti during the earthquake. It was an awesome and beautiful experience. But it was unintentional. This year, I want to intentionally use this blog’s voice (small though it is) to do something, to give back a little. It’s my hope and prayer that this blog’s readership increases to the point where, when we all rally around a cause or something, we can really make an impact.
Bonus) This year, I will master the use of punctuation in conjunction with quotation marks. Honestly, as much of a grammar-hawk as I tend to be, it still just looks better to me to say “laser”, instead of “laser.” (+5 cool points for anyone who got the Austin Powers reference there.)
So that’s it! I can’t believe that I’ve actually had this thing running for an entire year. I’m excited about the coming year, and I hope that you’ll come along for the ride!