– Yesterday as I was getting ready for church, the battery died on my Gillette Fusion Power* razor. Suddenly I had gone from a razor that gently massaged my face as I was shaving to what felt like dry-shaving with a rusty broadsword in the year 1066.
– The Texas Rangers and the San Francisco Giants both advanced to the MLB World Series, beating the New York Yankees and the Philadelphia Phillies, two of my least favorite teams. I just want to give a classy shout-out to the guys in New York and Philly for their hard-fought efforts this season. So here goes… NANA NANA BOO BOO!!!! YOU LOST, LOSERS!!
– I almost never stay up late enough to watch it live, but I seriously love Jimmy Fallon’s iteration of Late Night on NBC**. It’s like watching an enthusiastic little kid sometimes.
– Back to the Yankees losing***… How awesome was it to see the Rangers players celebrate their victory in the ALCS with ginger ale, instead of champagne and beer, out of respect for Josh Hamilton’s battle against alcoholism?! Seriously, once the Braves were eliminated, I was pulling for them anyways, but that just totally sealed the deal.
* This post is not sponsored by Gillette. But Gillette, if you’re reading this, and you’d like to send me some money, I will hawk your products fervently.
** This post is also not sponsored by Jimmy Fallon or NBC, but, again, if you’re reading this, and you’d like to send me some money, I promise to mention you in every post for a year.
*** This post is also not sponsored by the New York Yankees. However Yankees, if you’re reading this, and you’d like to send me a check, I’ll post a video to YouTube of me burning the check****, and then write about you losing again.
**** This will happen after I deposit the check.