Life is Good Today
Well today is one of those days for me. Here’s why:
– I got back yesterday from a half-week trip with 13 awesome students and two other awesome leaders. The trip was amazing, as you will see in posts to come.
– I messed up at the front end of the trip, and it could have completely derailed the whole thing. Instead, we got to see great generosity from a parent in our ministry, and it ended up being cool and saving us a lot of money.
– On the trip we got to spend a day serving another Seacoast campus in Greensboro, NC. We had a great time, and their place is going to look awesome for Easter. We were honored to help out.
– We spent another day hiking around Hanging Rock State Park. It was awesome on top of more awesome.
– On our way home I got a voicemail from Michelle. We were hoping that she would be able to continue on in her current job at her current school, but weren’t sure if it would happen. She found out Tuesday that it will happen!
– Also on the way home, I talked with the guy at Enterprise Car Rental and got confirmation that the screw up I mentioned above wasn’t going to cost us anything. Yay!
– Yesterday was opening night for Major League Baseball. Yes, I know the Mariners and Athletics played two games in Japan last week. But if the A’s play in Japan and no one cares, did it really happen? Plus, those games were fake, designated-hitter, American League games, and we all know that’s not real baseball.
– Today is opening day for the Braves, the day when “There’s always next year,” becomes “This is our year!”
– Today is also the opening round of the Masters golf tournament, my favorite most years.
– Tomorrow is Good Friday, the day when we celebrate Jesus’ sacrificial death for the forgiveness of our sins.
– Tomorrow is also round two of the Masters.
– I cut my grass last Saturday, which means I don’t have to do it this week. Instead I’ll have the much easier job of fertilizing and watering.
– Saturday is also round three of the Masters.
– Sunday is Easter, the biggest and most important day of the year for those of us who are believers in Christ. It’s the day that marked the end of the old covenant and the start of something wholly new. Thanks be to God that His grace saves and His love redeems!
– Sunday is also the final round of the Masters.
All that adds up to the fact that, even though I’m sitting in the office and things are crazy around here getting ready for Easter services this weekend, life is good right now, and I can’t think of anything that could change that.
How’s life going for you right now?